This is a much delayed post but I figured it was perfectly timed with the upcoming Val-/Galentines celebrations that everyone might be prepping for.
I am a pretty solid party-attender but not a great party-thrower, so one of my resolutions this year has been to host more social gatherings and to make said social gatherings cute as heck. A lot of the time, I get overwhelmed looking at different adorable internet parties. I’m not a DIY blogger, but I am a fan of fun photos with friends – so here’s my take on a fun photo wall that I concocted for a Valentines Day party last year.
Tissue Paper : A variety of colors and patterns. I’m not exactly sure how much. I bought a bulk pack on Amazon and then added in some cute patterned tissue paper that I already had in my possession.
This is a super simple – translation: tedious – project.
- Take a sheet of tissue paper and fold it in half.
- Measure out the width you’d like your strips to be. I cut half inch strips.
- Cut your fringe.
- Unfold your tissue paper, cut down the middle.
- Repeat. And repeat. And repeat. And repeat. And repeat.
*I recommend binge watching a somewhat forgettable but fun show. Nothing that requires too much of your focus. I watched a season of Bones (my favorite show, wrongly cancelled, should have gone on for at least sixteen more seasons) while working on this project.
- Bring a friend (or, better, a man who stood up in front of a crowd of your friends and family and vowed to stand by and support you through hard times – that way he feels obligated)
- Have your friend cut the tape while you tape the tissue paper.
- START FROM THE BOTTOM.
- Don’t worry about it being perfect – when you hang up all your tissue paper, it’s gonna look amazing no matter what.
- Do eyeball it every once in a while. Those random patterns don’t just happen randomly.
And look! You’re set! Add a cute word banner (I made one with Spice Girls lyrics because what else really screams Galentines Day like “ZIG-A-ZIG-AHHH?”)
Cute backdrops and party set ups don’t have to be overwhelming. Try this one out and let me know what you think!